Our first birthday
Happy Birthday to us!
A year ago today, an excited me decided it was time to do something for the ocean. Creating Plymouth Beach Clean was a big leap, I wasn’t really sure of how it would work or what it would achieve in the beginning but I am glad I took the risk a so much has been achieved already.
– The first event in the snow blizzard of March 2018 on Mount Batten
– Plymouth Beach Clean became a plastic-free ambassador for the Plastic Free Plymouth Initiative
– Joined on a beach clean by Luke Pollard MP and Shadow Fisheries Minister and we found lots of fireworks casings
– Held our biggest beach clean with over 60 volunteers, this was in the newspaper
– Our first Nurdle Hunt in February 2019 we collected over 5,000 Nurdles in a couple of hours
I have a lot to thank for those around me, supporting every step of the way. The team here at Plymouth Beach Clean are looking forward to what is in store for the next year. What else can we do for the ocean?